Thursday, September 10, 2009

Seagulls flying




There was a wreck on the Courtney Campbell causeway on the way home backing up traffic last night. Since I had my Nikon with me I decided to stop off at the Safety Harbor fishing pier to take pictures instead of sitting in traffic. The sun is already setting earlier so it will be dark on the way home soon. I want to take advantage of the next couple of weeks of sun after work.

The tide was high so there were no shorebirds around the seawall. Not many pelicans flying around like usual. They must have all gone to bed early. There was a fisherman on the pier cutting up mullet he had caught and a couple of seagulls flying over head looking for a handout. (The guy did the right thing and did not feed them). I was able to get in some bird flying picture taking practice. They were flying pretty close so I was able to get a few decent shots.

When I got home this was in my backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment