Thursday, November 12, 2009

Waste plant birds


Two glossy ibis with a moorhen looking on.


Glossy ibis eating by himself.

White ibis


There's always a spoonbill hanging around the waste plan.


I had read last week on Pinellasbirds.com that there had been several glossy ibis hanging around the pond across from the waste plant. I had looked last week while driving to to get lunch. Yesterday I saw them. There were 3 of them eating close to the street. Of course I pulled over and snapped a few pictures. Glossy ibis look black from far away but they actually have a reddish brown body with dark green wings. The colors seems to glow in the sun. They are pretty rare to see here. I've only seen a handfull in the Tampa Bay area. There's always so many white ibis but very few glossy ones. It will be interesting to see how long they stay at that pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment