Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sushi in the windy city





The title does not refer to a nice resteraunt in Chicago. It refers to the 2 osprey I saw eating fish at a lower than usual perch. It was very windy today after the rain passed through. I ventured out after lunch to test out my new Nikon D90. It was dark, cloudy and windy but as long as drops weren't falling I was going out. I stopped by the Safety Harbor fishing pier and saw the osprey in the first picture at the entrance to the yacht basin on a short pole in the water. There are mangroves on three sides blocking most of the wind. The last three pictures are of an osprey sitting on a low utility wire on the Courtney Campbell Causeway. He was at the light on the causeway so I turned off and got out to take a few pictures. It was so windy I could barely get my car door open. This guy was having trouble staying on the wire. It seems like it would be easier for him to go hide in a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment