Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Boardwalk at Carillon - My World Tuesday



After work last week I stopped at a park close by for a walk. I was walking along this boardwalk where there are always a lot of joggers. The above anhinga is so use to people now she would not move for me. I was afraid to get that close to walk by the tight boardwalk. After a few minutes I shooed her away with my camera.

This is the first time I've seen moorhens preening each other. My cockatiels at home do it all the time but I've never seen wild birds like these do it. That shows how use to people they are here.


The above tricolored heron was strutting along the lakeshore.

Dragonflies are still everywhere.


This small lake has a few small alligators.

I wanted to get some exercise in before the drive home one day last week after work. Now that it's getting darker earlier I have to hit some places really close to work. Carillon Park is an office park that has a small lake with a boardwalk around it. After work it's full of joggers and walkers so most of the big water birds are use to having people around. It started out sunny then the clouds moved in right before I left.

5 comments:

  1. You are kindly requested not to invite alligators. (*・人・*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when the days get shorter but it sounds like it works out for you. You get great pix even with the shorter days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The heron photo is stunning. I love the colors and the reflections in the water. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely walk. Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete