Saturday, October 2, 2010

Fun Animals at Chesnut Park

Loud mouth red shouldered hawk.



Butterflies were everywhere in the park.

Yes, this is the back end of a deer. See below for story.

Small alligator close to the boardwalk.

The above turtle was laying in the middle of the road that runs through the park. I took a quick picture then picked him up and moved him over in the grass.


Last Saturday was beautiful. It felt cooler in the morning so I headed out to John Chesnut Park in north Pinellas county. I had only been there once before and didn't see too much on that first visit. I really wanted to see deer. Several people have told me they had seen deer there. After 2 hours of walking through the park I stopped by the boardwalk that runs along the boat launch. A nice lady stopped me and said "There's 2 deer in the swamp here below the boardwalk." As I walked over and saw the deer a guy with a big dog walked over as well. The dog started barking very loud just as I started to take the picture. All I got was the back end of the deer. The thing that makes me really mad is there is a big sign at the entrance to that boardwalk that says "no dogs allowed".  Why do people have no respect? I guess another trip to this park is in my near future.

3 comments:

  1. Next time, get on the phone and call the cops. That's what I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Bubba couldn't read.....The hawk photo is gorgeous. Love your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing
    This fabulous work with us
    Good creations

    ReplyDelete