Thursday, November 4, 2010

Weird clouds in the backyard - Skywatch Friday


These are some pictures I took in my backyard a couple of weeks ago. It didn't rain that night but it looked like it would storm pretty good. The sun was peaking out around the clouds just before it went down.  Below is another picture of my neighborhood osprey with the pink and orange clouds behind him. The last picture I took standing on my dock looking down the channel right before the sunset. The weird clouds cast an unusual reflection in the water.

For more skyscape photography from around the world, visit http://skyley.blogspot.com/.



 


15 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous! And how incredibel those clouds are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular clouds and I like the reflection in the water. How nice to have a neighborhood osprey to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing how colourful the clouds can be at sunset?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, that's a dramatic sky! Awesome shots

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree the sky looks like on fire but the orange color looks like an orange skin. Beautiful!
    My skies

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Dina these are amazing! The first one is such a stunner! (if that is a word)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are breathtakingly beautiful! I'm sure it was even more amazing being there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful clouds!! I have never seen the colours like that! I love seeing the reflections in the water!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous skies! These billowing clouds sure look ready to storm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really fabulous photos! The glowing colors in the clouds are spectacular -- wonderful reflection, too. Happy Sky Watch Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful strange clouds, glorious colors.
    Have a great weekend Dina.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. That one cloud looks like it has giant hole in the center and the palm trees are going to be swallowed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous, fiery clouds! I love the last picture, too, with that still water.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, very beautiful colours and how awesome a sight to behold~

    ReplyDelete