Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Things I found at the zoo


Beautiful hibiscus at the zoo. My dad used to grow award winning hibiscus in his backyard here in Florida. Sadly, when we sold my parents house I didn't take any of the bushes with me. I was living in a condo in Atlanta at the time.

The african penguins are so cute. I always want to jump in the pool with them.


Cool caterpillar.


A roseate spoonbill couple are nesting over the alligator exhibit. I have to keep checking back to see if they have babies. I've never seen spoonbill babies before.

4 comments:

  1. Great zoo pictures. Any where wildlife can be found becomes very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the penguins. I just want to hug them, although I don't suppose they'd really be very cuddly. LOL
    I love the photo of the spoonbill couple. I hope you get to see babies and post them here for us.
    The hibiscus is beautiful, indeed. I've only had indoor hibiscus here, of course.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! Beautiful images from the zoo. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute little penguins and sweet spoonbills. :)

    ReplyDelete