Sunday, August 14, 2011

In memory of Klaus Peter.

I'm preempting my usual post about nature to talk about one of the most beloved bird photographers in central Florida. I did not know Klaus well. I met him in December of 2009 at my first Florida Outdoors flickr meet up at Circle B Bar Reserve. I had been following his pictures long before I met him.  Later, I would run into him on my trips to Circle B Bar Reserve and Gatorland and he was always so friendly talking about what he had seen out on the trails. He died recently of an illness. I don't think our meetups will be the same without him.

I spent a morning walking the trails with him in December.  Below was my post on the walk.

Post on my walk with klaus

Below is his blog. You can see his amazing pictures here.

Klaus's website.

Below is a picture of Klaus (on the left) with a friend at Circle B Bar Reserve in Lakeland Florida.


10 comments:

  1. oh, sorry to hear about the loss of a great birder and photographer and nature lover. nice that you gave tribute to him here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. his photos are amazing... and he sounds like quite a character, full of imagination and humor. i'm sorry for his too-early death.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about Klaus. He was a great bird photographer. Nice Tribute, Dina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of this great photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dina, is this the same Klaus that we all know from That's My World and Skywatch?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm absolutely stunned by this news. What an incredible loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so sorry to read of his death on My World Tuesday. It comes as such a shock. I never met him but corresponded through our blogs. He will surely be missed. Nice to see a photo of him in his environment! The world has lost a gifted and caring man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dina, thank you for this picture of Klaus.

    I can’t believe Klaus has passed from this world. His memory will be a blessing and his legacy of nature photographs will live forever.
    SkyWatch takes on a new meaning. On Fridays I will look up and imagine Klaus in a new world filled with heavenly birds.

    Shalom from Dina in Jerusalem

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing that, Dina...I know many of us will always remember Klaus for this generosity of spirit, as well as his wonderful work...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dina, Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a link to your page. Klaus and I connected through blogging and exchanged emails and photos. He was always so kind to me and I enjoyed his mischievous sense of humor. His photography was superb and his love and appreciation of nature and wildlife spilled over. I haven't been able to blog in a long time, but I always counted on him being around. I will miss this special man very much. Best wishes, Lin

    ReplyDelete