Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sights of Davis Islands - Skywatch Friday


A view from the yacht basin.


Jellyfish were floating along the top of the water along the basin. This is the first time I've seen them there.


Nice to be paddling and choking on that air.


A fun game of frisbee football going on.


Stingray floating by.


A view of downtown Tampa from Davis Islands. I was standing next to the dog beach.

I hadn't been over to Davis Islands to walk around for a while. I thought maybe there would be a breeze along the water. I was wrong again. Even in the early morning heat there were tons of people everywhere. The small dog beach was full. There was a paddleboarding lesson going on. Lots of people running, walking and biking. The sun was out in full force. No clouds until later on. I managed to find a few birds hanging around. More on those later.

For more skyscape photography from around the world, visit Skywatch Friday

11 comments:

  1. Great shots of the ray and the jelly fish. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful captures!

    <a href="http://www.mycountryroads.com/2011/08/lion-or-pig.htmlMy Skywatch</a>, have a great weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the stingray and jellyfish are great to see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is going to be the best Sky Watch Friday yet. The things I have seen are very encouraging and the photography is spot on. I really admire your photography skills and your critical eye for composition, lighting and texture.

    Abraham Lincoln
    Brookville Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting post, Dina. I had to look up Davis Islands on Google Maps to orient myself to your view of Tampa.
    Your skies sure are different colors, aren't they? The beautiful view of the first photo and the unappealing place to paddle in the third photo, particularly!
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work. Love the jellyfish. Happy skywatching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the wildlife photo's, the jellyfish looks like it is carrying a parasol. or wearing one of those 'fascinators' that seem so popular now. I also like your banner photo of the pelican.

    ReplyDelete