Saturday, September 10, 2011

Butterflies, bees and a bird.






Big lesson learned when I arrived at the Florida Botanical Gardens in Largo. I get to the park and pull out my camera and immediately want to take the picture of the above Carolina wren that was close to the parking lot. I knew he wouldn't sit there long. Yes, I drove to the park with my air conditioning blasting. Yes, my lens fogged up. I had my cleaning cloth with me in my backpack and tried to wipe off the fog but it just kept fogging up. Now, while it's still so hot and humid, I drive with the windows rolled down to the park. And to top it all off this was the only bird I saw worth taking a picture of. It was so hot and fall migration had not started yet. So I settled for a few bee and butterfly pictures.

4 comments:

  1. ha ha! we haven't had humidity this whole summer so i'd have never even considered that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the butterfly, beautiful composition!
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous butterfly and a darling little wren. I always enjoy your photos, Dina.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete