Saturday, November 12, 2011

Boyd Hill on a beautiful day


There's always an anhinga sitting in this spot.


Life imitating art.


Snowy egret flying in.


Another eastern phoebe.


Based on the short bill, I'm going with a Downy Woodpecker.

Boyd Hill Nature Preserve was pretty quiet on a recent Saturday morning. The few migrating birds I saw were high up in the trees and I couldn't get any shots of them. The eastern phoebe was the only one to get a little lower and sit for a portrait. I was a little disappointed  that I didn't see any raccoons, otters or alligators there. I know there are tons of them that live there but they were being scarce that morning. It was a little bit cooler and very windy. I left the house with a jacket on but had it off after my first 30 minutes there. The weather here has been perfect. Anywhere from 70 - 80 degrees and a cool wind blowing. I love this time of year. When it's sunny and 70. Sorry all you folks up north already getting snow. It's time for a visit down south.

5 comments:

  1. love the top anhinga, and the one sitting on the sculpture is just too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No reason at all to be disappointed I would say, I love the anhinga and woodpecker!
    Best regards, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photography is getting so good!! These pictures are amazing. That first anhinga is awesome. And that second one, OMG!! What a photo op!! The little Phoebe looks so soft and sweet. Wish I was there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the "life imitating art" photo!!!! And yes, definitely time to head south!

    ReplyDelete